The vision of the Department is to be a leading Arts Education Department that promotes excellence in the training of teachers in areas like English, French, Ghanaian Languages, History, Religious Studies and Music Education.
The Department strives towards advancing knowledge in Arts Education through effective teaching, learner-support, mentoring, research and community engagement.
To be published soon
The overall goal of the Department is to produce trained and qualified teachers who have adequate content and pedagogic knowledge and can employ critical and reflective thinking in their analysis of educational issues in general, and curricular and pedagogical issues in particular, in their subject areas.
The objectives of the Department are to:
- train teachers in the area of Arts Education;
- produce teachers and facilitators who will effectively help with the implementation of education policies and reforms;
- promote basic and applied research in the Arts Education;
- disseminate research findings/information in the Arts Education; and
- prepare students for higher academic and professional pursuits.